Drumming at the Jax Makerspace this summer!
Families, join us for a fun and interactive drumming program at the Jax Makerspace at the downtown library in July. This workshop is for children and youth ages 5 years old and up with their adult family members (parents, grandparents, guardians).
We’ll provide all the drums and instruments – you come ready to make some cool beats!
To find out more info, check out the JMS Facebook event page here.
Stay tuned here for more family fun events being added each month!
Where in the world is Just Add Rhythm? (summer edition!)
This summer, find us at a camp near you! We’ll be drumming up lots of fun at summer camps and libraries in Northeast and South Florida. Check below for our lineup!
Northeast Florida & South Georgia
- Tuesday 6/12, Murray Hill branch (Jax), 3-4 pm
- Wednesday 6/13, Micanopy branch (Gainesville), 3-4 pm
- Thursday 6/14, Southeast Regional branch (Jax), 2-3 pm
- Tuesday 6/19, San Marco branch (Jax), 2:30-3:30 pm
- Wednesday 6/20, Middleburg branch (Clay county), 2:30-3:30 pm
- Tuesday 6/26, Marshes of Glynn branch (S. Georgia), 10:30 am & 1:30 pm
- Tuesday 7/10, Highlands Regional branch (Jax), 3-4 pm
- Thursday 7/12, Bunnell branch (Palm Coast), 10-11 am
- Monday 7/16, Bradham Brooks branch (Jax), 11 am-noon
- Wednesday 7/18, Coffee branch 11 am & Willacoochee branch 2:30 pm (S. Georgia)
- Thursday 7/19, Westbrook branch (Jax), 3-4 pm
- Tuesday 7/24, Millhopper branch (Gainesville), 2:30-3:30 pm
- Saturday 8/4, Putnam branch (Putnam county), 10-11 am
Partnering camp programs
- Communities in Schools of Jacksonville (5 sites)
- Dayspring Academy Jacksonville
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida – John Love & Arlington Elementary School sites
- Discovery Tree Academy in Middleburg
- Sanctuary on 8th Street
- Saturday, 6/9, Miami Kendall Library, 11 am-12 noon
- Saturday, 6/9, Miami Homestead Library, 2-3 pm
- Tuesday, 6/19, Miami Bay Harbor Library, 2-3 pm
- Tuesday 6/26, Plantation Library (Broward), 6:30-7:30 pm
- Saturday 7/21, South Regional branch (Pembroke Pines), 2-4 pm
- Saturday 7/21, South Miami branch (Miami) 2-3 pm
- Thursday 7/26, Opa-Locka branch (Miami) 11 am-12 noon
- Wednesday 8/1, Miami Beach Regional branch, 4-5 pm
Partnering camp programs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
- JAFCO (Broward)
- David Posnack Jewish Community Center (Cooper City)
- City of Miramar
- City of Pembroke Pines
- Miami Beach Jewish Community Center
- Smith Community Mental Health Center
- Broward Children’s Centers in Pompano and Dania
- After-School Program of Broward