Jacksonville: A Team-Building Event for The Girls Inc. Mentoring Program

We had the pleasure of drumming with some very inspiring girls and women at Girls Inc. of Jacksonville’s Mentor/Mentee Kickoff Party on February 17th! Mentors, mentees, and parents had the opportunity to meet, mingle and drum, with the goal of breaking the ice (and drumming up excitement, pun intended!) for their mentoring program. During the drumming portion of the evening, … Read More

Share this:

Jacksonville: After-school Enrichment Drumming with Hope Haven

JAR’s first event since we relocated to Jacksonville was a blast!  We provided an after-school drumming program for students at the Alden Road Exceptional Student Center, which is affiliated with local Jacksonville organizations Hope Haven and Team Up. Activities included: fun with Boomwhackers® and egg shakers rhythms about favorite pizza toppings and favorite cookies an energetic game called Rumble Ball. … Read More

Share this:

Encouraging Community: How music & rhythm can develop commonality

“Team-building” has become quite an overused term these days. If you’ve worked in a large or mid-size company, nonprofit organization, or community business, then you may have participated in your share of diversity seminars, sensitivity trainings, or group morale-boosting activities. My first experience with this was 10 years ago, during one of my first “grown-up jobs” working for My Gym … Read More

Share this: